Friday, August 28, 2015

Review: Eclipse Lake

For this review, I chose Eclipse Lake by Mae Clair, which is the first book I read by this author.  

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Small towns hold the darkest secrets.

Fifteen years after leaving his criminal past and estranged brother behind, widower Dane Carlisle returns to his hometown on the banks of sleepy Eclipse Lake. Now, a successful businessman, he has kept his troubled past a secret from most everyone, including his seventeen-year-old son. 

But memories in small towns are bitter and long.

Ellie Sullivan, a nature photographer for a national magazine, has a habit of ping-ponging across the map. Her latest assignment leads her to Eclipse Lake where she becomes caught up in the enmity between Dane, his brother Jonah, and a vengeful town sheriff. When freshly-discovered skeletal remains are linked to an unsolved murder and Dane’s past, Ellie is left questioning her growing attraction for a man who harbors long-buried secrets.

This was my first book by Mae Clair and I was not disappointed.  I love books about redemption.  It was about forgiveness and second chances.  The bitterness between Jonah and Dane was awesome.  Will Jonah forgive his brother?  Will they be able to work through all their issues?

Besides the Redemption, we have mystery, romance, and suspense.  What is the story behind the skeletal remains that was found?  Who is this person?  How did he/she die?  Was this person murdered?  Who did it?

This book had me hooked from the start.  I had to know the answers to all of my questions.  I highly recommend it.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Mamarazzi by Brooke Williams

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: