Thursday, August 6, 2015

Review: O Captain, My Captain

For this review, I chose O Captain, My Captain by JL Locey.  This is book #3 in the To Love a Wildcat series.  
Book #1- Pink Pucks and Power Plays.
Book #2- A Most Unlikely Countess
Book #4- Reality Check
Book #5- Language of Love
Book #6- Final Shifts

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Being a single working mother isn`t easy. Just ask Maggie Charles. She`s juggling a job she hates, a rebellious teenage son, and the aftereffects of an abusive first marriage. There isn`t room in her life for a love affair, not that anyone would want to romance someone her age anyway, right? So why, after all these months, when she runs into the strapping Wildcats` captain at a charity event, does the sight of Derrick Andersson leave her so breathless once again? Is that really desire burning in the captain`s green eyes when he looks at her? Is it possible for a couple of been-there-and-done-thats to find love the second time around?

Maggie Charles is a single mother to a teenager that is troubled.  Maggie thinks she should put what she wants on hold so she can make the best life for her son, Trevor.  Maggie is divorced from an abusive marriage.  She wants to protect her son from what they lived through.

I feel for Maggie.  Not the abusive marriage, but the struggling to get by.   Maggie is a hardworking strong mother, who wants the best for her family.  Is Derrick that?  Their chemistry is ignitable.  They are very attracted to one another, but Maggie has been pushing him away.  Will she give into their attraction or will she runaway?


I think Maggie and Derrick are meant for one another.  When Maggie met him (book #1), she feels something for Derrick, but can't.  She needs to put her son first.  But, months go by and she sees him again.  All of those feelings are stronger than better.  Should she fight those feelings or go for it?

I hope we find out more about Trevor and Ashley in the next book, Reality Check.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Cruisin' the SEAL by Sharon Hamilton

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: