Sunday, December 27, 2015

Review: Wild Cowboy Ways

For this review, I chose Wild Cowboy Ways by Carolyn Brown.  This was my first book I read by this author.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
SOMETIMES ALL LOVE NEEDS IS A LITTLE LUCK

Allie Logan isn't the type to land a hot hunk of cowboy. Truth is, she's given up on dating since shedding her no-good ex. But the new owner of the most ramshackle ranch in Texas might just change her mind about that. He's six-foot-plus of tall, dark, and charming—the kind of guy who could make a girl throw caution to the wind . . . or the kind of guy who could break her heart.

Blake Dawson hopes he can make Lucky Penny Ranch finally live up to its name, but the property needs a ton of work. Allie and her carpentry skills are his best shot at getting things in order. Besides the fact that her brown eyes and dangerous curves have him roped and tied. Now Blake only needs to convince her that a wild cowboy can be tamed by love—and she's just the one to do it.
 

I fell in love with Blake and Allie.  Allie is a carpenter and is not afraid to get dirty.  Blake, his brother, and cousin brought the Lucky Penny Ranch in hopes of making a good profit, but the entire town feels that the Lucky Penny is not so lucky.  Blake does not allow that to get him down.  He is going to make the Lucky Penny be a Ranch and nothing will stop him.

This book is set in Dry Creek, Texas where everyone knows everything.  You have to love small towns.  I have 2 favorite things in this book.  The first is Irene, the grandmother of Allie.  She was something else.  Never boring when she is around.  Add in dementia and her worlds were messed up a lot of the time.  She kept thinking Blake was Walter, but no one knew what she was talking about.  Irene would come to Lucky Penny and be talking about Walter so Blake called the only number he had, the Local Feed store.  Allie shows up to get her grandmother.  I wanted to know more about this Walter, but it added so much to the story.

My second favorite part of this book is the end.  I am not going to talk about it in details because I do not want to give away any detail.  The part of love the most is when they are talking about songs.  Our song was mentioned and it warmed my heart by reminding me of my wedding day.

I can not wait for Book #2,  Hot Cowboy Nights.  I can not wait to read this one.  I loved this book a lot.  I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to read a great book!!

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: For Sure and Certain by Anya Monroe

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: