Saturday, June 4, 2016

Review: Nookietown

For this review, I chose Nookietown by V.C. Chickering.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Recently divorced, 40-something single-mom, Lucy, is lonely, bored and craving physical connection. So, when her trusted long-time married friend, Nancy, begs Lucy to sleep with her husband to save her marriage, Lucy goes for it. It's such a success, the two friends invent a town-wide underground barter system whereby Nancy's married girlfriends sub-contract Lucy's divorcee friends to sleep with their husbands so they don't have to as often. It's a win, win, win- for a while. Then it all goes to hell in a hand-basket.

Laugh-out-loud funny, emotionally provocative and at times racy, V. C. Chickering's Nookietown is a story of risk-taking, marriage, honesty and desire, and what one woman rationalizes in order to get what she wants.
 


This book was a funny suspenseful read.  There were a lot of parts where I was laughing out loud.

Recently divorced single mom, Lucy, was lonely and bored.  She wanted physical connection more than anything.  I have never read a book where the heroine wanted sex as much as Lucy did.  It was like she craved it.  Once Lucy got it, it transported her somewhere life was not as crazy and lonely as her life.  For that time, all was perfect.


Lucy has 2 sets of friends: Marrieds and the Divorcees.  The Marrieds were too tired to please their husbands.  The Divorcees were all sex craved.  Nancy wanted Lucy to sleep with her husband, Ted, who did.  If this happened to me, I would say no.  If I was Nancy, I would make the time to spend with my husband because one day the kids will not be at home and it will only be the 2 of you alone.  Then what?

My favorite part was when Lucy was in front of the crowd having "her moment" but I can not tell you anymore about it.  You need to read it.

I am looking forward to see what else V.C. Chickering has in store for her next book!

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Desire Unmatched by Lynne Silver

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: