Monday, June 13, 2016

Review: What Happens in Texas

For this review, I chose What Happens in Texas by Carolyn Brown. 

I requested ARC copy of the ebook through Netgalley in exchanged for a honest review.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Carolyn Brown brings her unique voice to this tale of twin sisters finding love in a small Texas town

Cathy Andrew's biological clock has passed the ticking stage and is dangerously close to "blown plumb up." While her twin sister Marty thinks settling down with one man is just a waste of good cowboys, Cathy wants it all: the perfect husband, the baby, and a little house right there in Cadillac. But even as the town is laying bets on whose wedding will be next, Cathy doesn't see happily-ever-after happening anytime soon.

Fortunately, Cathy and Marty have best friends who aren't afraid to stir up a ruckus-and if it means Cathy's got to bust out and set the town on its ear they'll back her up-no matter how hot things get.
 


In this book, a lot was thrown at me.  At first, I was confused with who was who.   Too many characters and not a main woman character and a main man character like I am used to.  Too many relationships to keep track of.

Cathy wanted kids.  Her twin sister, Marty does not want to be married.  Cathy wanted it all.  The perfect husband, the baby, and the house of their own.  I felt like she was settling for the man she is going to marry in this book.  He was not right for her at all.  That mother of his was something else.  The mother reminded me of someone I know.

Both Cathy and Marty had best friends who loved to stir up trouble and they were a lot of fun reading about.  Aunt Agnes is a hoot.  She is just as much trouble as the 2 best friends, maybe more.


☆☆☆☆
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Falling into Love by Reana Malori.

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: