Thursday, July 20, 2017

Review: Rebel in a Small Town

For this review, I chose Rebel in a Small Town by Kristina Knight.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:

He's not giving up his family without a fight. James Calhoun has never been able to resist Mara Tyler, or her knack for mischief. Her reputation as a reckless teenager drove Mara from their hometown. So Slippery Rock is the last place James ever expected to see her, and Mara's timing couldn't be worse. With the upcoming election for sheriff, she threatens the squeaky-clean image James needs to win. Because Mara has brought with her the result of their steamy affair: his two-year-old son, Zeke. After the initial shock, James is determined to have both his family and career. He just needs to convince Mara that her home is where it's always been. With him. 




This is book #2 in the Slippery Rock series.  I have not read book #1, but I plan to. 



Mara Tyler has been having a steamy affair with James Calhoun, who is the acting Sheriff in her hometown.  She has a big secret to tell James, but she is afraid that it could cost him the election.  Not only does she have to tell James about his son, Zeke, but also her own family.  


Another favorite type of theme I love is when a woman gets pregnant and then has to tell the father.  Mara needs time to deal with her past.  Will James understand that or will he be so angry at her? 

This book warmed my heart.  I grew up in a small town called Slippery Rock.  
When I saw that this town was called Slippery Rock, I knew I had to read it. We moved away from there, but it is always good to go home. 

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Lucky Charmed by Sharla Lovelace

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

1 comment:

Kristina Knight said...

I'm so happy you enjoyed the book, Melissa! And what a small world with the name 'Slippery Rock'! :D