Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Review: Sinful Distraction

For this review, I chose Sinful Distraction by London Hale.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.


Here is a brief description from Goodreads:

She’s the one thing he won’t give up on
The calls started a year ago. I needed an easy release, and he was there, for a price. One call turned into two, and before I knew it, I was falling for the voice on the other end of the line. When he shows up and introduces himself as the newest firefighter on the island, I’m terrified...at first. As the mayor, the last thing I need is a scandal. But Riley won’t take no for an answer, and I’m finding it hard to refuse him.

He’s a distraction she can’t afford
Kate, the mayor of Temperance Falls, has a naughty little secret. Except I’m not so little and a hell of a lot more than just naughty. A year of weekly phone calls with our identities disguised has left me craving more. Being together could ruin everything she’s worked for, but there’s no turning back. Now that we’ve actually met, now that I’ve had a taste, nothing will stand in my way of making her mine.
 





I read this book in 2 settings.  It was that good.  I could not put it down (unless I had to!).  I was hooked from page 1.  I loved this book.  What are the chances that Kate would meet the person on the other end of the calls?  Kate thought no, but then it does happen.  Now what?  Their chemistry is as hot as it is on the phone, but much better since it is in person.  Kate is worried about being mayor and what other people will say?

This was a sweet and naughty read.  Both Kate and Riley are opposites.  This was my first book by this author and I can not wait to read more.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: The Edge of Us by Veronica Larsen.

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: