Thursday, August 8, 2019

Excerpt Reveal: Little Boy Blue

HOLD ON FOR SOME CHILLS! Keep reading for an excerpt from Little Boy Blue by Teresa Crumpton writing as T.C. Galinari! It goes live on August 15th!!!
 
FOLLOW T.C. FOR ALERTS → http://bit.ly/2Jr9MYA ADD IT TO YOUR TBR → http://bit.ly/2JmS8qm
BLURB:
Parents are always overreacting. "Stay away from strangers," they say. "Don't go near the woods," they warn. And it's all so pointless until there's a tragic accident.
And here, there was a tragic accident. One that haunts me to this day. It still leaves me with a broken heart, missing my brother. But this story? It's not about me. It's about him.
LINCOLN
Don’t get me wrong…I picked on my little sister plenty, but I was never mean or said anything that would hurt her. Considering the names I’d been called, I didn’t want Amelia having the self doubt and feelings of being unwanted that I sometimes had.
“Linc, will you help me with some homework tonight? I didn’t understand the math section today,” Amelia explained as she matched my stride.
“Sure. Can we do it after dinner? There’s something I want to check out this afternoon in the daylight,” I responded, glancing in her direction.
“Okay. I’ll get all my other homework finished first.”
“Do you have a lot of it?” I asked, just as a rustling sounded from my left.
My focus turned toward the woods, and we both stopped moving.
“Umm, what was that?” Amelia’s words were a bit strained as she grabbed on to my arm.
Not wanting to freak Amelia out anymore than we both were, I chose my words carefully––or as carefully as a twelve year old could. “I’m not sure, but let’s not stick around.” I reached for her hand and tugged her along.
“Linc, I’m scared. Something doesn’t feel right,” she murmured so only I could hear, and I fully understood her meaning because I felt it too.
There was an unshakable sense of something being very wrong in the air, and without speaking, we adjusted our backpacks, and picked up our pace until we’d jogged halfway home.
Breathing hard, we slowed down, coming to a stop as soon as the woods were out of view and the pastures started to show themselves. To our right was the old Mulberry Ranch. It was normally bustling at this time of day, but today it was completely quiet.
None of the usual smells were in the air, nor were there any sounds I associated with a working ranch. It was as if the place had been deserted for years.
“You okay?” I questioned, glancing at Amelia as I kept the ranch in my sights.
Breathing hard, she responded, “Yeah, but I really want to get home. I’m getting the willies just standing out here. I still feel like someone’s watching us. Don’t you feel it?”
About T.C. Galinari
An aspiring writer from the time she was a child, T.C. Galinari pens young adult romance and fantasy with a thrilling twist. She also writes dark supernatural fiction and contemporary romance (all for adults!) as Teresa Crumpton.
FOLLOW T.C. ONLINE 
Facebook → http://bit.ly/2Jr9MYA 
Goodreads → http://bit.ly/2xzSnHU 
Instagram → http://bit.ly/2Jv1b8C 

No comments: