Thursday, February 23, 2023

Q&A: How do I rate each review?

 How do I rate a review based on the 5 star rating?

                                       Normally I would rate a book on the following:
⭐️-Not great
⭐️⭐️-It was okay!
⭐️⭐️⭐️-Good book!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️-Great!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️- Amazing!

I was a little tired of always saying Yes, I loved the book, but I wanted more to it. What did I love about this book? What was my least favorite part? Was it believable?

I have done some research and found the CAWPILE system. I love it!! CAWPILE was invented by G at Book Roast. G has a video on YouTube. Her video is Awesome. I recommend checking that video out. Right below you see ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️'s at the end of my review, you will see my CAWFILE rating.

I am going to add what the link from the Book Riot site says about CAWPILE. I do not want to mess this up. This is not in my own words (all in ""). Go to the site about and her video for more details.

"CAWPILE is a rating system, an acronym for seven key tenets a reader can use to generate specific, targeted reviews in a consistent way. The letters stand for:

Characters

Atmosphere/Setting

Writing Style

Plot

Intrigue

Logic/Relationships

Enjoyment


To fulfill the system, each parameter should be rated out of 10. Once this is done, the overall result should be divided by seven, which produces a sometimes decimal-pointed answer between 1 and 10.


This 1-10 scale is arguably too specific to be broadly adopted, so instead, we convert the number back into a 5-star rating as follows:

If the book score is:

0-1.1, there is no score.

If it scored 1.1-2.2, that’s one star.

2.3-4.5 is two stars.

4.6-6.9 is three stars.

7-8.9 is four stars.

9-10 is five stars.


So, in a hypothetical book review, scored as following:

C: 9

A: 9

W: 8

P: 9

I: 7

L: 8

E: 9

This gives me a total score of 46, which divided by 7 is 8.4. This gives me a solid four-star review."


I'm looking forward to using the CAWPILE.

Happy Reading! Melissa




No comments: