Friday, June 28, 2024

Book Review: Rival Secrets by JD Carothers

 For this review, I chose Rival Secrets by JD Carothers.


I received an ARC copy of the e-book for an honest review of this book.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
What happens in Vegas can be deadly…

After my parents passed away, I put my culinary dreams aside to be the lawyer they wanted. However, with my 30th birthday rapidly approaching, my bestie urges me to enter a cooking competition in Las Vegas. When a contestant is murdered, my time watching from the sidelines is over. I’m suddenly thrown into the event as a finalist.

I knew the kitchen would heat up, but so did my love life when I unexpectedly met the handsome billionaire Evan Catalinus. Evan checks off all my dream guy a British accent that makes me hang on his every word, a love of food that rivals mine, and let’s not forget those body-melting kisses.

Evan declares he’s falling for me, but I sense there’s a truth he’s not sharing, and my past makes me hesitate to take this budding relationship further. Will searching for a killer bring Evan and me closer to each other, or will the secrets kept in Vegas end my life before I can discover Evan’s truth?

Rival Secrets is the first book in the Love Over Murders series. Each book is a standalone story featuring one couple’s journey to their guaranteed H.E.A. and no cliffhanger. The series is especially for lovers of swoony moments intertwined with a murder mystery.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
This is book #1 in the Love Over Murders series.  

I love books centered around royalty especially if the heroine does not know about who he really is.  OMG! Cassie is an overworked attorney, who only works for a man that is well, you need to read to find out!  Evan is in Las Vegas visiting his best friend from college and helping with the guest chef competition.  When Evan sees Cassie, he is intrigued by her.  

First book that I read by JD Carothers and it won't be my last.  Loved the mystery around everything that was in this book.  It was perfect!!  Plot twists kept me on the edge of my seat.

I can not wait to read the next book in this series!!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: