Friday, March 27, 2015

Review: The Confection Connection

For this review, I chose The Confection Connection by Monica Tillery.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
After appearing on a popular reality cooking show, Carly Piper’s newly opened bakery is landing her in debt. Making the cakes for the celebrity wedding of the year might be the answer to all her troubles.

Problem is, her rival from the show, Michael Welch, is also pitching his bakery to the celebrity couple. When a misunderstanding leads the quirky bride to think they’re a couple, she wants to hire them both.

Stuck traveling together to keep up appearances, the pair finds themselves cozying up to the idea of making their fake relationship real. But a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity leaves these two wondering whether they have the right recipe for success after all. Can Michael and Carly create something lasting or is their love a half-baked proposal?

This is such a sweet story.  Carly and Michael met on a reality cooking show three years ago.  Carly could not stand him at all, but when they meet again and under a false opportunity, what will Carly do?  I love the loving couple that Rusty and his fiancee, Sequonia have together.  Sequonia wants a couple in love to make her wedding cake and groom's cake.  I have not heard of a groom's cake.  I do not think we had one at our wedding almost 19 years ago.

This sweet love story reminded me of falling in love with my husband all those years ago.  Don't let love pass you by!!  

I can not wait to read Election Connection about Carly's best friend, Lily Ashton, and her congressman boyfriend!!

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Sweet Love Remembered by Jean C. Joachim

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: