Friday, March 27, 2015

Review: Movie Lovers

For this review, I chose Movie Lovers by Jean C. Joachim.  This is book #4 in the Hollywood Hearts series.  I have read Red Carpet Romance (book #2), and Memories of Love (Book #3).  I am going to be reading the rest of the series I have not read yet.  Book #.5 is His Leading Man, #1 is If I Loved You, Book #5 Love's Last Chance, and #6 is Lovers and Liars.  I am looking forward to finishing this series.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Can revenge turn to regret? Duped by slick, famous producer, Gunther Quill, Grace Brewster makes the biggest mistake of her life. Feeling humiliated by Quill and Jake Matthews, her sister’s Broadway co-star, Grace vows to even the score with both men. Using an alias and the Internet, she executes a genius payback plot. Her attacks hit their mark, wounding her intended targets. But she didn’t count on her sharp words going viral before she can blink, taking the injury to a new level.
Her satisfaction is short-lived when the scheme turns sour. Her plan backfires, turning into a huge secret she shares with a cold-blooded tabloid journalist. Can she trust this ruthless opportunist to keep her secret from the man she loves and the sister she adores? Or will she be exposed and robbed of the only happiness she’s known since the death of her beloved mother?


I loved this book!!  We meet Grace in Red Carpet Romance when we first met her sister, Cara.  These books are stand alone books.  I have not read the first 2 books in this series and I was able to follow along.

Grace has conflicts within herself for choices she has made.  She realizes due to those choices she could lose the man of her dreams.  What will she do?  Tell him what she did or hide it from him.  I think secrets always have a way of coming to the surface.  We may not want to hurt those we love, but we could by keeping those secrets to ourselves.

This is such a sweet romance.  I love how close Cara and Grace are.  They have been there for one another since their mother died.  Just because they are not in the same house does not mean they can't be there for one another.  

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: The Confection Connection by Monica Tillery

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: