Monday, March 9, 2015

Review: Healing My Heart

For this review, I chose Healing My Heart by Aleya Michelle, which is my first book by this author.  This is Book #2 in the My Heart series.  It is also a stand alone book.  Book #1 is Breaking My Heart.  Book #3 is Forever in My Heart.  I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Roxy is in a bind... 
Should she stay true to herself or should she follow her wounded heart back to her first love? 
Back to the one who left her heartbroken and alone. 
Who will be the one to help heal her heart? 
Will it be Dylan, who started as her re-bound, but has become her strength and her life line over the past few months. 
Or will it be Kade, the one who stole her heart and showed her the true meaning of love. Then showed her all the despair, vulnerability and pain a broken heart can cause. 
Which path will bring her to her happily ever after? 

At first, I could not get into this book.  I am not sure why, but after I read about 3 chapters, I finally got into the book.  I do believe that Roxy should be with Kade.  Yes, he made a mistake, but he is not like Dylan, who to me is unstable.  I was not sure what Dylan was going to do.  It kept me on the edge of my seat.  This book to be is about second chances and following your heart.  Everyone deserves a second chance.

I do recommend this book.  I love the conflict that this book has- Will Roxy forgive Kade for leaving him?  What is wrong with Dylan.

☆☆☆☆
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 


Review coming next: Hearts in Harmony by Gemma Brocato


FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review. 

No comments: