Thursday, March 19, 2015

Review: Irresistibly Dangerous

For this review, I chose Irresistibly Dangerous by Debra Ann Fisk, which is book #2 in the Cozy Cove series.  Book #1 was Irresistibly Delicious.  I am not sure if there is a third book, but I hope so. 

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Artist Cookie Lucus is compelled to rethink her flirtatious, carefree life when a carnival psychic predicts a future love interest with a mysterious hot stranger. Armed with a string of unusual promises, she's determined to decipher the old woman's cryptic message. Slade Hunter is searching for lost treasure off the coast of Florida. Using the theme of Treasure Island, he plans to build a resort on the outskirts of town and no one is going to stand in his way, until curvy artist Cookie Lucas stimulates his unsettled lust. Divided between the project and the woman who haunts his sexual thoughts, Slade slowly grows accustomed to Cookie in his life. When Slade is almost lost at sea, Cookie learns she's pregnant and decides to keep it a secret. Soon, Slade discovers the treasure. This is happiest day of his life with the woman he loves by his side, but it's short lived when he learns that she's pregnant and has another secret. Can Cookie and Slade find true love, or will sudden danger and hidden secrets tear them apart? ** A BookStrand Mainstream Romance


The 2 characters I loved in this book are Cookie and Slade.  I loved how I have not read a book with the name Slade in it before (I think).  The Chemistry between Cookie and Slade is HOT!!  I enjoyed the suspense about the treasure (will he? Won't he find it?).  When I think about Calypso, I still laugh.  That bird is something else.  I love the phrase Calypso says about Gladys.  The description of the beach, sand, and ocean makes me what to pack a bag and go NOW!!  I love the beach and the sounds of the ocean.  I hope Ms Fisk writes a third book and many more in this series.  I love reading series and learning about every character in past books.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 

Review coming next: A Spring Fever by Milly Taiden, Vella Day, Kerry Adrienne, Andie Devaux, and Lia Davis

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: