Monday, February 16, 2015

Review: The Marriage Agenda

For this review, I read The Marriage Agenda by Sarah Ballance, which was my first book by this author.  I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Chloe was dumped by Knox because he did not want to commit to her.  I think it was fear.  Fear that he will be like his father.  Fear that he would treat his wife like his father treated his mother.  Knox needs to think that no, I won't be like my father and yes, I can see a future with Chloe.  Men can be stupid at times.  Knox is nothing like his father.

Goodreads Description:
There's a scandal brewing in Washington...
 
Knox Hamilton wants his father’s recently vacated Senate seat, but the only way his conservative constituents are going to vote for Knox is if he loses his playboy reputation. Which means Knox needs a wife. There’s only one woman with whom he's willing to share his life, but after the way he broke things off with her, will she give him another chance?
 
Chloe Lochlan's job is on the line. If she doesn't grab a big headline, she'll be ousted from her gig at the major newspaper where she works as a reporter. Knox's offer of marriage chills her to the bone. He already crushed her heart once and she has no intention of letting it happen again. But being with him gives her the kind of access to top tier social events rarely granted to media, access that could land her the story of a lifetime. When the truth she uncovers threatens to destroy the man she still loves, will she bury the story...or his career?


What would you do if the man you loved dumped you due to his fear of commitment and he can not love and gives you this marriage proposal?  Would you agree?  Knox promises her a story out of their marriage.  What story will Chloe find?  Would it ruin her husband and in laws?  If it did, could Chloe do it?

This book had me hooked from page one.  I love how we meet Knox and Chloe.  Chloe was set up on a blind date with this man that I think was more interested in Knox!!  I was set up on a blind date by 2 friends and I ended up marrying him.  Those 2 friends were the best man and maid of honor at our wedding.  That was almost 19 years ago.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars because I
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!!
Melissa


FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review. Review coming next: Stealing His Heart by Ella Jade

No comments: