Thursday, February 26, 2015

Review: Rainbow's End

For this review, I read Rainbow's End by J.B. Bonds, which was my first book I read by this author.  It is their debut book from what I read.  Also J.B. Bonds is a pen name for 2 sisters, who write together and they are Jane McCoy and Brenda Powell.  I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description of the book- Goodreads Description:
Joanie and Roz, widowed septuagenarian sisters, moved to Florida to live together for support and companionship.
Soon they were involved with a cross dresser, a kleptomaniac, amorous affairs, and a situation that put them in peril.
All of this adds up to a book filled with escapades and events that will tickle your funny bone, but most importantly, will prove you don’t retire to die, but to live.


My husband job before the one he has now was at a retirement village.  There was many kinds of houses- regular houses, Townhouses, retirement village (it was it's name), and a nursing home.  Shawn told me stories about the residents.  When I started reading this book, those stories were in the back of my mind.  This book reminded me of a soap opera of many things happening at the same time, but I feel like there was a lot going on.

There was this mystery about something, which I am not going to say what because yes, you need to read the book.  I love the mystery.  It added something to this book, which I loved.  I was all into the who? what? when? where?  Wow, there was so interesting characters, too, but my absolute favorite is .......Burton!!  OMG, loved this character a lot, but yes, you know what I am going to say, read the book!!  I can not tell you why I love this character because if I do, then it will ruin it for you and I do not want to disappoint you.  

☆☆☆☆
give this book 4 out of 5 stars because of all that was going on.  When I do these reviews, I take notes and it was a lot I was writing down.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa

Review coming next: Cooking Up Love by Gemma Brocato

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: