Sunday, July 5, 2015

Review: Beyond the Bars

For this review, I chose Beyond the Bars by Brooke Williams.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Beyond the Bars is a tense story carried out with the classic ‘Rashomon effect’, in which multiple-viewpoint characters go through similar events, each with a different experience.

A homegrown terrorist rallies several terrorist organizations and convinces them to carry out a meticulous plan. The goal is to rid the country of so-called evil by targeting specific people by location. Using the latest in powerful, military-grade explosives, they set off coordinated blasts at three of the nation’s crowded bus terminals. Hundreds are killed. Fear sweeps the nation. Through five lead characters we see how their lives are disrupted by the terror campaign. Their worlds merge and intersect because of this frightening experience.
 

Wow, I do not think I have ever read a book like this one.  It has 5 multiple view point characters going through similar things.  It was written so well.  So beautifully done.  I am sitting here in awe.  


Jonathan made his decisions, which touched 4 other lives.  Did I feel sorry for him?  No, he made his choices himself with no one telling him what to do.  He was bent on getting revenge.  Will he win?

I loved the love and bond that Nadia and her daughter, Brielle, has.  Nadia would do anything in her power to keep her daughter safe.

I have read other books by Brooke Williams and I will read more from her, too.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: To Love a Marine by Reana Malori

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: