Sunday, July 26, 2015

Review: A Most Unlikely Countess

For this review, I chose A Most Unlikely Countess by V.L. Locey.  This is book #2 in the To Love a Wildcat series.  Book #1 is called Pink Pucks and Power Plays and I have read it.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Painfully shy Liz Argon probably shouldn`t be dreaming of Veikko Aho, star goalie for the Philadelphia Wildcats. As she works side by side with 'The Count of the Crease' on his memoirs, she finds herself falling for the handsome goaltender. His tender ways with her and her mentally fragile mother are slowly claiming her heart. If only Veikko wasn`t already engaged to a woman far better suited to move in to 'The Count`s' world. In book two of the To Love a Wildcat series, we`ll see if a glass slipper can survive in the rough and tumble world of professional ice hockey.


Liz is so shy and insecure and complete opposite of Veikko.  Elizabeth was given the opportunity of a lifetime- to write Veikko's memoir.  What would you do if this was your opportunity?  Jump for it!!  Right?  Did it change her life?  Elizabeth's mother is sick.

I love the nicknames that they have for one another- Piglet and Pooh.  It is so cute and sweet.   My favorite part was how a daughter took care of her mother.  Yes, we don't actually know the name of what her mother has.  I am guessing some kind of OCD and anxiety, but I am not sure.  I think the gnomes are a great addition to the book.  

My favorite scene is where Elizabeth was in the locker room after a practice getting the guys to talk about Veikko.  It was funny!  You have to remember that Elizabeth is shy!! ;)

I love the To Love a Wildcat series.  I can not wait to read book #3, Oh Captain! My Captain!, about Maggie.   There are 6 books total in this series (Amazon has 6 listed, but Goodreads has 5 listed).  I love reading sports themed books.  I loved Viviana and Alain in book #1.  


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Adopted: Family in a Million by Barbara McMahon

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: