Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Review: Fall SEAL Legacy

For this review, I chose Fallen Seal Legacy by Sharon Hamilton.  This is book #2 in the Seal Brotherhood Series.  I have read Book #1- Accidental SEAL (Audio) and Book #10- SEAL's Code.  This was a stand alone book.

I received a copy of the Audio for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Nebraska born and bred Navy SEAL Calvin “Coop” Cooper, after his own family has perished in a tornado, is ordered to meet the family of a prominent San Diego psychiatrist. The doctor’s brother is a fallen SEAL medic who died in Grenada. There, Cooper meets Libby Brownlee, the beautiful niece of this fallen hero. Heavily influenced by her father, “We don’t speak military here,” is her comment about the military in general, and the SEAL community in particular.

What starts out as a frosty debate between two people privately dealing with their own personal grief, turns into a passionate affair neither expected. Just as Cooper realizes perhaps Libby is the woman he’s always been looking for, she is snatched out from under him by a psychopathic killer bent on revenge.

Dr. Brownlee is forced to rely on Cooper’s help, along with his buddies in SEAL Team 3. Will Cooper be able to survive the loss of the woman he loves, or will his self sacrifice be enough to keep her safe?

Wow!  I can not believe how many emotions I had during this audio.  The beginning was so sad.  Poor Coop to lose his family in a tornado.  

In this book, we got a lot.  
Seals!!!  
Intrigue
Heartache/Emotional
Mystery
Suspense
Hot Sex
Action
Great Chemistry
Action
Romance
Brotherhood

I needed to know what/who/why to what was going on at the Brownlee's house.  Why was this all happening?  Who was doing this?  I was guessing who was doing this from the start of it.  I am not going to say who because I do not want to give away anything that is good!

My favorite part of the book is when Austin, Libby's dad, and Coop interacted.  They had me laughing.  My favorite line from Austin is "She's f*cking him! She thinks she's in love with him."  You need to read why Austin said this.  Each time they interacted, it was like they were a part of an atom, where one of them is the neutron and the other was the proton.  Meaning each time they bounced off of one another---> Complete opposites in each conservation.

It was nice to see that the other SEALs from Book #1 was in this book, too.  I still love Freda's voice.  It still makes me laugh.
This was another amazing read (listen...hehe)!!


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Pink Pucks and Power Plays by V.L. Locey

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: