Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Review: Finding Faith

For this review, I chose Finding Faith by Reana Malori.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Cooper Branson wasn't ready to move on. His life was just fine the way it was and no one could make him change. At least, not willingly. He wore his Widower badge with honor and forced himself to live his life only for his daughter, Madison. Falling for his attractive neighbor was not in the cards for him. It didn't matter that she was the first person he thought of in the morning, or the last voice he needed to hear before falling asleep at night. Loving someone and running the risk of losing them again was not a risk he was willing to take.

Faith Douglas was ready to reinvent herself. After a hurtful betrayal by her closest friend, Faith was determined to live life for herself. The first step to her new outlook on life was doing something she would have never done before. Walking across the lawn and saying hello to her new, hunky neighbor was the bravest thing she had done in a long time. How was she to know that the man would become her world and his daughter would steal her heart? What she never expected was to stand in the shadow of another woman while the man she loved looked right through her.

Finding out who you are, while ignoring the expectations of others, is the toughest path anyone can take. Cooper and Faith have to decide if they’re able to move on from the hurt of the past to find their future.
 

This book was one that I could not put down.  I was hooked from the first page.  How could I not love a book about a widower, who is raising his adorable daughter, Madison!  Cooper decides that his daughter and him need a fresh start, which means moving from the home they shared with his late wife, who died in a car accident.  Cooper has memories in every spot of his house and it is too hard to move on.  

Have you ever had a decision that you made and it changes your life?  Do you think Cooper thought that this decision of moving would forever change his life and the life of his daughter?  I do not think he thought it would.  

Add in the neighbor, Faith, who was caught peeping out her window on the day Cooper and Madison move next door.  How could she not?  Cooper is HOT!!  Who hasn't peeped out their windows in curiosity to see who is moving next neighbor?  

Will Cooper stop fighting his memories of his late wife and move on with the woman he loves?  How will Faith fight with the memories of the late wife?  She feels like she has to compete with a ghost.  

This book had me thinking about What ifs?  What if something happened to my husband?  What would I do?  I know I could not live in the house where we are now.  I could not live with all of our memories here.  It would be too hard.  I would do the same thing as Cooper, but I do not think I would wait 4 years to do so.  What would you do?

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes!  Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: The Promise (#5 The Thunder Point Series) 
by Robyn Carr 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: