Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Review: Accidentally Hers

For this review, I chose Accidentally Hers by Jaime Beck, which is my first book by this author.

I requested ARC copy of the ebook through Netgalley in exchanged for a honest review.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
When ruggedly sexy backcountry guide Grey Lowell moves to Sterling Canyon, Colorado, after buying the ski-expedition company Backtrax, his plans don’t include romance. Still, it’s fun to look—especially across a crowded restaurant at a beauty he dubs “Bambi.” But all his plans change later that night when he’s injured by a drunk driver.

Physical therapist Avery Randall is shocked to learn that Grey’s the man her brother struck with his car, and even more stunned when he arrives at the clinic expecting her help. Despite her reservations and Grey’s silly new nickname for her, Avery agrees to work with him, and passion begins to simmer. Yet with his livelihood at stake, Grey must make tough decisions that could hurt Avery and her family. Before long, Avery’s loyalties are tested, and the choices she and Grey each make may cost them their chance at lasting love.

This is the first book in the Sterling Canyon series.  Grey Lowell brought a business in Sterling Canyon, Colorado.  He sees this woman, who caught his eye, in a restaurant.  When Grey left that restaurant, he is hit by a drunk driver.  This woman, Avery, was looking at him, too, but she knew her good friend liked him. Things would have gone better for them if her brother was not the driver in the accident with Grey.

The one thing I could not stand is how Avery's dad treated her.  He was so cold at times.  What was up with her mother?  There has to be something us as the reader are missing about her.  Is she sick?  Is there something that is going on between the dad and the mom?  She does what her husband tells her to do.  She barely speaks.  Her dad is controlling.  It made me so mad when her dad made Avery feel bad that she wants to be with Grey, when the accident was not her fault, but her brother's.  The accident I think was the biggest Conflict I have ever seen in a book.  No matter what Avery does she makes her dad made as hell or she looks like a traitor in Grey's eyes.  What would you do?  Who would you choose?  Your dad?  Your boyfriend?

When Avery finally feels that has maybe found true love, her life falls apart.  Will Grey forgive her?  Will they find their way back together?

First book I have read by Ms Beck and I want to read more.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Final Shifts

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: