Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Review: The Christmas Cowboy Hero

For this review, I chose The Christmas Cowboy Hero by Donna Grant.



I requested ARC copy of the ebook through Netgalley in exchanged for a honest review.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:

’Tis the season for ex-Navy SEAL Clayton East to come home for the holidays―even if the mood at home is anything but festive. His father is ill. The East Ranch is in financial trouble. And now it’s on Clayton, the prodigal son, to make sure his family doesn’t lose everything.

Headstrong Abby Harper is like a mother to her younger brothers, who she’s helped raise since she was a teenager. Keeping them in line is no small task while she’s also working toward her college degree. And now that one of her brothers has been arrested for stealing cattle at the East Ranch, Abby is at her wit’s end. But there is a silver lining: Clayton East. He believes in second chances, and is willing to give one to her brother this Christmas. Letting beautiful Abby―and the inescapable longing in his heart―off the hook, however, is a whole ’nother story. Could it be that the woman of this local hero’s dreams has been back at home all along?
 


There was something about this book that just draws you in and wouldn't let me go until it was "the end".  This was very well written with characters that are very believable.  Abby is someone I could see in real life.  She is struggling with keeping a roof over her and her brothers heads.  Their mother left them once Abby graduated from high school.  I know I was thinking how could a mother do that, but eventually it went to how strong Abby has been all these years.  Clayton is a retired SEAL, who is sexy as hell. 

I can not wait to read more from Ms Donna Grant.  I love her writing!


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: