Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Review: The Promise of December

For this review, I chose The Promise of December by K.L. Jessop.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Christmas.

That bittersweet word that plays on my mind every goddamn year. Some people love it, I don’t like the fact I still live around it. Like any other child, Christmas for me was the most magical time of all. The winter walks, the smell of fresh cinnamon and candy canes, the excitement in the pit of my stomach where I found it hard to sleep. I loved that.

But once you reach adulthood you soon realise that life is cruel and fairy tales are bullshit! And at twenty-one, that magic and belief were torn from my grasp and I suddenly wanted to be that little girl again.

December now means nothing. Christmas hurts. And the only coldness I feel is what’s congealed around my heart. Nothing would change, and no one could change it.

Then I met him.
 



This was my first book by this author and loved it!  It is also my first Christmas book of this year.  Each year around this time I pick some books with the theme to be around Christmas.  

Tamzin has been through a lot of her life.  Losing her mother at a young age.  She was raised by her grandparents.  When Tamzin lost her grandparents, Christmas was never the same.  She did not believe in the magic of Christmas anymore.  Then, she meets Noel and everything changes.  This book was romantic with a lot of magic of Christmas thrown in.  Well character and very well believable.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: The Promise of Forever by K.L. Jessop

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: