Monday, July 30, 2018

Review: One

For this review, I chose One by Jane Blythe.

I received an ARC copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
To save the woman he loves he has to let a killer walk free.

Annabelle Englewood's life is crumbling around her. Her entire family is slaughtered, she's accused of committing the crime, and the detective working the case is making her feel things she doesn't want to feel and challenging her belief that she is unworthy of being loved. Her fears are intense, as is the compulsion to push everyone away, and if she can't break their hold then she won't just end up alone but dead. 

Detective Xavier Montague knows better than to get involved with a woman in a case he's working. Especially one who is so emotionally vulnerable. And yet, against his better judgment, he's drawn to Annabelle, but this forbidden attraction will force him to confront the darkest time in his life. If he can't let go of the past and finally look to the future then he will leave the woman he's falling for alone and vulnerable to a violent psychopath.

** Warning: Graphic violence and themes of sexual assault/abuse **
 (less)



This is Book #1 in the Count to Ten series.  This was the first book I read by this author, too.  This had suspense, crime, murder, intrigue, and a little bit of romance.  I was going back and forth of who did it.  I love books that keep me guessing on who did it.  Normally I read romance books, but I love when I leave the genre for books I know I will love.

The entire time I was reading this book I was thinking one thing.  Why didn't these families have a dog?  Yes, a dog!!  Like a German shepherd like our Storm.  Storm lets us know when someone is close to our home.  She barks and growls.  The one night she found someone going through our trash.
☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: