Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Excerpt Reveal: Bloodties

SCARE ALERT! Keep reading for an excerpt from Bloodties by Teresa Crumpton. It will be here October 31st!!!
BLURB:
A family secret has been revealed. During a siege on the Foster House, Alexis is locked in the attic of her family's mansion with her boyfriend, District Attorney Josh Hampton. After reading from a long-lost book, Alexis’ legacy is revealed. Her ancestors were witches, and Alexis is the last of her line. A Knight will learn his true purpose. Ex-special ops Captain Brenton Young learns his final mission had been a set-up. Orders were changed at the last minute from an observe-only mission to a retrieval mission that lead to Brenton making a gut-wrenching choice. There was no way to win. Now, he has a chance to truly right the wrongs and take his rightful place beside the other Knights that protect Alexis from evil. An empathic law student must train. Alexis must learn how to use all of her abilities now that they have been revealed to her. Her training won't be easy. It could very well kill her. The Foster House Knight, you must save your energy. You will need it. Your friends may be lost to you, but you must fight the darkness within. Tristan poured his family’s evil into you and your friend over there. Deep down, you know what your mission has always been. It was never to serve Tristan. Think, and use the powers within you. Remember your history. Remember your true nature, your true mission.
 
THIS EXCERPT WILL LEAVE YOU WANTING MORE:
Nodding to Tucker and myself, my three Knights, along with Josh, entered the room and all fell quiet. From the confines of the hallway, I waited with bated breath as everything fell quiet until a, “Clear!” came from inside the darkened doorway.
“Put me down!” I shouted, squirming in Tucker’s arms. “I need to go in.” Lowering me to the floor, he held onto me until I had finally gained my balance.
Wincing, I limped into the blue room and froze as I took in the scene around me. All of the walls were covered in a reddish-black substance, which reminded me of the crime scene photos I’d seen on TV and in the District Attorney’s office. My stomach recoiled.
“I think I’m going to be sick,” I muttered as nausea threatened to send me out. Swallowing it back down, I covered my nose and mouth with my sleeve and took several deep breaths.
From behind me, footsteps sounded before coming to a stop as Tucker entered the room.
Without warning, icy arms gripped me from behind, squeezing me tighter and tighter as if my mid-section were in a vise. Gritting my teeth, I held in the scream threatening to burst from my throat.
“No one can help you now, Princess. I have you, and I will paint the walls with your blood for Tristan. And once you are taken care of, I will take out the Knights.” The ghost’s rancid breath filled my nostrils, causing my face to contort in disgust.
As Grant came to stand next to me, I gripped his arm with my free hand, desperate for him to understand that I needed help. As if knowing what I was saying, I witnessed Grant come to attention from my peripheral vision, receiving two signals from Will and Brenton. I didn’t have a clue what either of them meant, but almost immediately the pressure around my midsection disappeared.
No longer within the cold grasp of death, I tried to calm my racing nerves.
“Josh, call Logan and tell him to bring only the officers he truly trusts,” Grant called out.
“We need to figure out who was in the house,” Josh said.
“No one was in the house,” I ground out as I let go of Grant and shuffled further into the center of the room. From behind me, I could hear the sound of shoes scuffing on the floor. Holding up my hand, I motioned for all of them to stay back.
Closing my eyes, I took a deep, calming breath in an attempt to center myself. “Can one of you tell me which direction is west?”
“You are not strong enough to get rid of me. Not even with your Knights––or those other two. I will kill you this night.”
GET BOOK ONE TODAY: Amazon → https://amzn.to/2rlljjb
About Teresa
Teresa Crumpton is a hybrid: she grew up in the Midwest and the American South. She writes dark supernatural thrillers and contemporary romance. She loves classic horror moves and Shakespeare. She never thought she'd turn her passion for writing into a career, but here she is! When Teresa isn't writing, you can find her at book signings or traveling the world with the perfect man for her. She's living the dream and keeping a promise she made to her father before he passed.
Follow Teresa Online! Amazon → https://amzn.to/2HOI8Xx BookBub → http://bit.ly/2HMH2LT Facebook → http://bit.ly/2wcvyfq Goodreads → http://bit.ly/2KzKozK Instagram → http://bit.ly/2JTlH05 Website → https://teresacrumpton.com

No comments: