Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Review: Blind Date

For this review, I chose Blind Date: An Erotic Romance by Morgan Kay. 

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.


Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
A mysterious man gives Darla the weekend of her life. 

Darla never had time for love. Even though she worked in the perfume industry that epitomizes romance. No appropriate male ever wandered into the picture. Maybe that’s why she accepted her friend’s suggestion to fix up her up. Desperation and a desire to make sure she even remembered how to act like a woman as opposed to a corporate warrior. 

Too bad, her arranged date fell on the eve before her meeting with some hot shot Italian nobleman she needed to sign for her company’s continued success. Even more ironic, her blind date Alex besides being the poster child for all things delicious had a sexy Italian accent. The accent alone should have reminded her of the need to prepare for her meeting. Instead charmed by his old world manners and animal magnetism she allows him to take charge and forgets about business. Two things she’s never done before. 


This was a short read and it held my attention the entire time.  This is Book #1 is the Steamy Interlude Series.
Book #1- Blind Date
Book #2- Reluctant Cougar
Book #3- Cub in Love
Book #4- Puppy Love
Book #5- Perfect Stranger
Book #6- Incognito

I met my husband on a blind date, but I had my friend there with me with her boyfriend, who is friend's with my husband.  This book I loved the idea of a blind date because it was how I met my husband, but I was intrigued with the idea of the what ifs with this short book.  What if Darla went the man she was to meet?  Would she have that kind of chemistry with him?  I think not.  What if the man she did meet told her who he was?  Would Darla say goodbye before she knew that he could be "the one"?  I have read book #6, Incognito and this one so far in the series and this book is my favorite.  Not sure if that will be the case when I finish the others.

I gave 4 stars because I did not think it was exactly erotic.  It was not like the other books I have read in this genre.
☆☆☆☆
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Reluctant Cougar by Morgan Kay

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: