Monday, February 15, 2016

Review: Puppy Love

For this review, I chose Puppy Love by Morgan Kay.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Can Theo outmaneuver her high school nemesis, a persistent ex-boyfriend, and a wayward pup to win the affections of the town’s newest vet? 

Theo decides to give up on love when she catches her sister in bed with her husband. Instead of blaming her sister or her husband, she blames herself, divorces her husband, distances herself from her sister, and shuts her heart to love. 

Her son inadvertently pushes her back into the dating game when he drops off his puppy, Ollie, as he heads out to deployment abroad. He fails to inform her that the puppy isn’t even close to being trained or even somewhat obedient. 

Ollie brings the dating-phobic Theo into contact with Westvale’s hottest bachelor, Dr. Brent Knight. Despite her best friend Lorna’s urging to go after him, Theo hangs back due the eleven year age gap and her past romantic history, but it doesn’t stop Ollie from barreling ahead. 

When her high school rival Jenny shows up, Theo decides to fight for her man with comic and passionate results.


This is my first book I have read by this author.  This was a short read and it held my attention the entire time.  This is Book #4 is the Steamy Interlude Series.
Book #1- Blind Date
Book #2- Reluctant Cougar
Book #3- Cub in Love
Book #4- Puppy Love
Book #5- Perfect Stranger
Book #6- Incognito

Another cute story!!  I love that Theo thinks she won't get the man she wants because her high school rival shows up and wants him for herself.  This rival is slutty!!  Being slutty may have gotten her men in high school, but as a grown woman, most men does not like that.  They want someone elegant.  Theo does not drop to her rival's level, but keeps her head high and is true to herself.  I love that Brent is a vet and loves animals as much as Theo.  Theo is helping her son with his dog, Ollie, who is not trained at all.  

I gave 4 stars because I did not think it was exactly erotic.  It was not like the other books I have read in this genre.  I also wanted to know more about what happened between Theo and Brent.

☆☆☆☆
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: SEALs of Honor: Hawk by Dale Mayer

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: