Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Review: Create Your Life Book

For this review, I chose Create Your Life Book by Tamara Laporte.



I requested ARC copy of the ebook through Netgalley in exchanged for a honest review.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:

Inspired by Tamara Laporte’s art classes, Create Your Life Bookpresents 18 step-by-step projects that help you explore and work through issues surrounding creative fulfillment.

Based on much-loved mixed-media artist Tamara Laporte’s popular, multi-year series of online classes, Create Your Life Bookoffers mixed-media drawing and painting projects that canraise your awareness of and help you work through personal challenges and other obstacles to creating art and achievingself-fulfillment.

Each themed chapter presents 4 to 5 two-part projects: First you will explore a common issue that hampers creativity and/or positive self-worth. The second portion is a step-by-step mixed-media art project specially designed to help you work through that issue.

There are also project outlines which have been contributed by Tamara's guest teachers: Roxanne Coble, Andrea Gomoll, Alena Hennessy, Mystele Kirkeeng, Ivy Newport, and Effy Wild, each of whom are noted mixed-media artists in their own right. Tamara also shares inspirational photos and uplifting and encouraging affirmations. The final chapter presents a simple binding method for creating a keepsake book of your Life Book projects.



When I saw this on Netgalley, I know I had to try to get it to review.  I realized that I need the actual book to be able to sit down to learn this.  If I had a copy on my ipad, it would have been easier for me to read it better tan in the Adobe Digital Editions program.


The author explains what a life book is.  She wants people to find their creativity.  Time is spent on what art supplies is needed.  She breaks the book down into projects with how you can heal yourself.  For example, Projects 1-4 are under the title letting go.  I absolutely love the Zen Butterfly.  I can see me working on this one.  I love that there is Zentangle in it.  That is something else I have wanted to learn, but time has not been kind.  Each project is broken down into sections on a 2 page spread showing the reader actually what is coming next.  Another 2 page spread shows how to put it all together. 

Love the "No One Alive is Youer than You" project using a quirky bird.  I also loved the  Seeds of Love project.  I take from this book is that I need to slow down and learn the items I have been wanting to do.

☆☆☆☆
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Almost by Danielle Norman.

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: