Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Review: Almost Everything

For this review, I chose Almost Everything by Christie Ridgway.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Layla Parker travels to Crescent Cove to meet the soldier who tried to save her father in battle. Her dad’s final request was for her to enjoy a month of sun, sand, and fun along with the handsome combat medic, Vance Smith. Despite her sadness, she’s determined to follow through.

Vance is flummoxed when he meets the full-grown daughter of his fallen officer. He’d expected a little girl. But a promise is a promise, and it gets harder by the day to resist the charms of the beautiful woman who threatens the safety of his scarred heart. But he’s honor-bound not to touch her…right? Except there’s the beautiful beach and the beautiful woman and the promise of a beautiful future…all a man could want if only he chose to risk everything.


**This is a previously published STANDALONE romance.
 




This is the 3rd book in the Almost series.  I love this series and Beach House No 9.  This book had a lot like grief, family, love, and family.  I loved that it was about letting go of the past.  Vance is an army medic, who tried to save the life of his Colonel Parker, who was the dad of Layla.  Vance promised the Colonel that he would do his bucket list, which he gave a great name to, with Layla.  I think her dad did this on purpose to get them together as a couple. 

Great writing.  Believable story.  From the first page, I was pulled into the book.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: The Breeder by Lynne Silver.

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: