Saturday, December 9, 2017

Review: This Piece of My Soul

For this review, I chose This Piece of My Soul by Robyn M. Ryan.

I requested ARC copy of the ebook through Netgalley in exchanged for a honest review.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:

They believe love conquers all.

One of pro-hockey’s golden couples, Andrew and Caryn Chadwick live in the limelight reserved for elite professional athletes. On their second anniversary, Andrew receives an unexpected contract offer to join the Tampa Suns. As they look forward to a new adventure, neither foresees an event that challenges their love and threatens their marriage.

Until it doesn’t.

A sudden and senseless accident threatens Andrew’s life and inexplicably drives a wedge between the couple. Shattered by the incident, paralyzed by fear that it could happen again, Caryn finds herself at odds with her husband and unable to provide the support he needs—at the time he is most vulnerable.

As their perfect world crumbles, each makes choices that take Andrew and Caryn further apart. Distrust, fears, and secrets construct walls. This Piece of My Soul follows the joint and separate paths the couple navigate as each hopes to rediscover the love that can conquer all.

**Although This Piece of My Soul is the second book in the Clearing the Ice Series, it can be read as a standalone novel.**
(less)





This is Book #2 in the Clearing the Ice series.  I did not read book #1, 
Caryn and Andrew are leaving to leave for their second anniversary trip.  One where Caryn does not know where they are going to.  Andrew plans it all.  But, the night before they leave, he gets a call from his agent saying the Tampa Suns wants him to sign with them.  So, they make a stop in Tampa to check everything out.

With marriage, you have to have trust.  I would not have done what Caryn did by not talking to her husband when she saw what she saw.  I would have confronted it head on.  Andrew should had believed his wife.  That was a huge mistake in my eyes.

This book was WOW!!  The emotions that played through my mind was everyone.  Sadness.  Angry.  Happiness.  Ashley was the annoying character I wanted to slap through the book.  Add in Kristen, too.  That girl had some nerve!  Read this book!  So good!!

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: This Piece of Our Being by Robyn M. Ryan

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: