Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Review: The Art of Brush Lettering

For this review, I chose The Art of Brush Lettering by Kelly Klapstein.

I requested ARC copy of the ebook through Netgalley in exchanged for a honest review.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:

Popular Instagram brush lettering artist Kelly Klapstein takes a simple, serene approach to teaching the art of creating beautiful letterforms with easy to use and richly colored brush pens. Kelly begins by guiding you through the tools you’ll be using, and the best ways to position pen, hand, and paper.

Kelly demonstrates a range of basic strokes along with drill sheets for practice and improvement. In addition to providing detailed instructions and tracing guides for both lowercase and uppercase alphabets, Kelly gives tutorials on freestyle lettering, faux calligraphy, and special effects. Also included are lowercase and uppercase A to Z exemplars for both large and small brush pens.

Drill sheets, tracing guides, worksheets, and exemplars are included at the back of the book.


When I saw this on Netgalley, I know I had to try to get it to review.  I have wanted to learn to do brush lettering, but never have the time.  When I was reading this through Adobe Digital Editions, I realized that I need the actual book to be able to sit down to learn this.  If I had this copy on my ipad, then it would have been easier for me to read it better and to actually do some of this.

I wanted to share with you what I loved about this book.  The author recommends paper, brush pens, tracing paper to help you learn this.  Learning brush lettering is grouped based on the type of letters.  You go from group to group learning each group.  Practice that.  Then, you can go on to learning words.

☆☆☆☆
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: