Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Review: Escape to Heaven

For this review, I chose Escape to Heaven (Heaven on Earth Book #1) by Reana Malori.  Book #2 is Redemption.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
**NOTE: This story has been updated, enhanced, and improved, with an additional 2K words added to the story.** 

Adele Woolner has survived more than a year of abuse, both verbal and physical, at the hands of her now ex-husband. Calling on strength she never knew she possessed, Adele builds a new life for herself and becomes a stronger woman in the process. Now ready to move forward—she never expects love to waltz into her life when she least expects it. 

Stefano Indellicati feels an instant attraction to Adele and is determined to get to know her better. Something about her calls on his protective instincts, and he realizes he would do anything to call her his own. Willing to stand and fight for what he believes, Stefano will prove to Adele that he is the only man for her present and her future

I really loved this book.  I had so many emotions when I was reading it.  Crying, laughing, anger, etc.  I love that Domestic Violence was added to the storyline because I feel like those affected by this needs to know that they are not alone and there is help out there for them.
I loved how Ms Malori included some Domestic Violence websites and I am going to share some of those links or phone numbers here for you all:

National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY) available 24 hours a day/7 days a week.

National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) available 24/7 for the nearest rape crisis center.

National Stalking Resource Center: 1-800-FYI-CALL (1-800-394-2255) M-F 8:30a-8:30p EST or email gethelp@ncvc.org

National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline: 1-866-331-9474 (1-866-331-8453 TTY) available 24/7 or connect a trained Peer Advocate online at www.loveisrepect.org from 4p-2a daily (CST).

For information on Domestic, Dating, and Sexual Violence, see this website: The Office on Violence Against Women

If you are a victim of Domestic Violence, please reach out and seek help from a professional.  Call 911.  Tell a friend.  

Back to the book, after all Adele has been through, she wasn't ready to date until she knew it in her heart the time was ready.  I love that when Adele moved to VA, that she meet a group of 5 men, all military.  It is like these 5 men knew that Adele needed protection and they adopted one another as a family.

I would really love to see the 5 men- Ethan, Tyler, Tony, Daniel, and Noah- to have a book of their own.  Add in Stefano's mother in those books, too.

I am not going to give away any good detail since I think it is better to read the book instead of reading what I think about a particular moment in a book.  


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Accidental Seal by Sharon Hamilton

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: