Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Review: One Simple Favor

For this review, I chose One Simple Favor by J.L. Salter, which is my first book by this author. 

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Tricia Pilgrim reluctantly agrees to pick up a sort-of cousin she’s never met at a distant bus station and drive him back to Verdeville, Tennessee. She might as well. Everything’s already gone wrong with her mini-vacation weekend, there's an emergency at her job, and things can’t get any worse. Right?

Wrong. Her twice-removed third cousin-in-law turns out to be a hunk who moves like a special forces ninja. And one of them is a magnet for trouble… of the lousiest kind. The kind with bad guys and guns.

It’s the wrong way to feel about a cousin, even one by marriage. But she feels safe with Mike. Can he get her through this long, terrifying night? Will she survive to double-check Aunt Mary’s family tree?
 

This was a quick read.  Tricia agrees to do "one simple favor" for her Aunt Mary, but things does not go as she planned.  I have learned when you plan things out, then things go wildly out of wack and you need to go with it.  There is nothing you can do when things go wrong.  I loved how we saw romance, suspense, and a little mystery in this short book.

I kept thinking how does Tricia know that this is HER cousin Michael when she has never met her.  Talk about taking a chance.  I could ask more questions before having a strange man in my car.


☆☆☆☆
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Escape to Heaven 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: