Sunday, June 14, 2015

Review: Redemption

For this review, I chose  Redemption (Heaven on Earth book #2) by Reana Malori.  I have read the first book in this series, Escape on Heaven, which I loved.  I love how we met Ethan in Book #1.  He is a protector of Adele and still is.  Now Ethan thinks he met a woman he wants to get to know better.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Ethan Dickerson had experienced tragedy in his life. That one event changed him forever and the course of his life was set. He was a protector. His mission was to protect those who could not protect themselves. Becoming a Navy SEAL was the obvious choice for him and he was damn good at his job. 

Vanessa Baldwin was a widow with a young son. Her husband taken from her while serving his country in a desert so far away. Her heart was set against ever falling in love with another man who risked his life on a regular basis. Someone who could be taken away from her in the blink of an eye. 

Two scarred people trying to find their way in this world, find each other. As soon as he lays eyes on Vanessa, Ethan knows there is something special about the single mother. He is a man on a mission and his goal is Vanessa’s heart. A lifetime of loving her is the only option he’s willing to accept. 

It’s time for Ethan to find his Redemption.

Once again, I fell in love with all of the characters in this book.  The tragedy that Ethan has gone through is so sad, but you will have to read it to find out.  Very emotional.  Then, Vanessa has her own tragedy.  Can they find their way together?  Will Vanessa put all of her fear behind her and enjoy what they could have together?  

In my review from Escape to Heaven (Book #1), I said that I would really love to see the 5 men- Ethan, Tyler, Tony, Daniel, and Noah- to have a book of their own.  I knew there was a Book #2, but did not read the description.  Now I need to say this.  I hope the other 4 men- Tyler, Tony, Daniel, and Noah-get their own books.  I will definitely read those.  I love how this family come together.  It is not about blood, but the love for one another and protecting those you love.

Vanessa and Ethan has this attraction that either of them could fight.  Vanessa was questioning how one could find true love so fast.  I do believe that you can find true love fast.  I did.  I also think when 2 fall together so well that everything fits together like a puzzle then why fight it?  I do understand why Vanessa was questioning things.  She lost her husband while he was serving his country.  How could Vanessa take another chance on love with a military man?  She is afraid of losing him, but this time her son is old enough to ask those questions.

Loved this book a lot.  I can not wait to read any books on the 4 other "brothers" of Adele and Ethan if there are more books.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Butterfly Child by Silvia Corradin

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: