Friday, June 12, 2015

Review: Second Chances

For this review, I chose Second Chances by Kristi Rose.  This is in a series called A Coming Home Short Story and is book #1.  Book #2 is called Once Again.  Reason to Stay is Book #3 and He's The One is Book #4.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Fourteen years earlier Lorelei Parker gave her innocence and heart to her best friend, Cole Williams, but instead of a forever love she ended up heartbroken and losing him. After a long absences Cole, now a local football hero, has returned to his hometown hoping to garner Lorelei's forgiveness. For them absences has not made the heart fonder but the divide greater. The unresolved manner in which their relationship ended makes healing and moving forward seem insurmountable. If they can put their past behind them, Lorelei and Cole may find a second chance at a future together. 

This was a very good read for a short story.  Lorelei Parker has been living in her hometown for years.  Now that the love of her life is back in town, she starts questioning some things.  (Read to find out).   

Lorelei is so mad at Cole, but we do not know why at first.  What happened that has her so mad at him?  Does she have a good reason? (I think so)  Now you know I am not going to tell you what, who, when, how, etc.  Read the book!!  They both seem to want each other, but things from their past is stopping them.

There is no cliffhanger.  I had an issue with the end of the book and the epilogue.  Us readers are missing (to me) details.  I am not going to get into because I want you to read this book.  I don't want to give anything away.  

☆☆☆☆
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next:  Redemption by Reana Malori

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: