Sunday, January 10, 2016

Review: Al "Trunk" Mahoney, Defensive Line

For this review, I chose Al "Trunk" Mahoney, Defensive Line by Jean C. Joachim.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
When his wife walked out on him, Al “Trunk” Mahoney’s plans for the family he’d never had went up in smoke. A top-ranked defenseman in the NFL, Trunk’s success on the gridiron didn’t translate to the rest of his life. Hooking up with women was easy for the sexy lineman, but Trunk’s secret closed the door to marriage. Would the happiness he yearned for always be just beyond his reach?

Beautiful Carla Ricci, bar owner and independent woman had her choice of men. A love-‘em and leave-‘em lady, she’d made a decision that ruled out 99.9% of men for marriage. She didn’t care. Then Trunk Mahoney came along. Carla resolved to remain true to herself. Could her willpower hold indefinitely, or would she settle for an affair that would break her heart?
Caution: locker room language.

A snippet:

“Mary moved out. Left me. Took the furniture.” He spit it out, fast. It hurt less that way, like ripping off a bandage.
Carla grasped his muscular forearm, and her eyes softened. “Well, shit. I’m sorry, Trunk. What happened?”
“Damned if I know.” He took a gulp of his beer.
“Didn’t she say anything?”
“‘I’m leaving. My lawyer will be in touch. Took the furniture. You can have the house’.”
 


The surprises in this book was wow!!  I can not believe the surprises especially the one.  Now, you have to read the book to find out these surprises especially the one that knocked me down.  I can not think how I would of felt.  Yes, I do know.  I would be mad as hell if I was Trunk, but he took it very well.  My favorite part was when Trunk found the stone house and the memories of his mother.  Sweet and sad.  

This book had everything I look for in a book.  Surprises, romance, and lots of emotions.  Very well written.  I hope there are more books in this series.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Kobee Manatee: A Wild Weather Adventure by Robert Scott Thayer.

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review

No comments: