Sunday, January 24, 2016

Review: Porcupette Finds a Family

For this review, I chose Porcupette Finds a Family by Vanita Oelschlager.

I requested ARC copy of the ebook through Netgalley in exchanged for a honest review.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Porcupette Finds a Family, is a story about how a baby porcupine (called a porcupette) finds a new family after losing his mother. He wants to have an attachment to the bear family he finds, but is afraid his “bear” mother and “bear” brother and sister will leave him too. This causes him to act out his fears in
ways that jeopardize acceptance from his adopted family. However, with the understanding and help of Mother Bear, Porcupette finally accepts that he is truly loved and wanted despite, or maybe because of, his differences.
 


I read this book to my son, who will be 7 in a few days.  We both loved the illustrations and they so colorful and my son's attention during the entire book.  I loved the theme of this book.  Porcupette lost his mother and was worred that the Bear Mother would not accept him because he was different from the bear siblings.  

Great book and I would love to read more books with my son by this author!
☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 
Horse Play! 25 Crafts, Parties, & Activities for Horse-Crazy Kids by Deanna F. Cook & Katie Craig
FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: