Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Review: How to Draw Sharks

For this review, I chose How to Draw Sharks by Arkady Roytman.  Published by Dover Publications.

I requested ARC copy of the ebook through Netgalley in exchanged for a honest review.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
With this step-by-step guide on how to create images of the marine world's fierce predators, kids can learn to draw creatures from the top of the ocean's food chain in just a few simple steps. This easy-to-follow book illustrates the use of basic geometric shapes to form 31 varieties of sharks, from the great white and the hammerhead to the tiger, bull, and saw sharks. Blank practice pages offer plenty of room to perfect your style.


I have not reviewed a How to Draw book, but my kids love them especially my daughter, who loves anything to do with art.  I received a digital copy of the book from Netgalley.  Now I had it emailed to my ipad's Kindle app, but it did not work.  I did not get anything.  So, I went back into Netgalley to download the file itself and I was able to review it.

I did not realize there are so many sharks.  Some of them I never heard of.  I definitely want to get this book for my 15 year old daughter, who loves to draw especially marine animals, and my youngest son.  With my son, we could draw them and then look them up on the internet to find out more about these sharks.  

Each shark was broken down into 4 steps.  Being a mom to a special needs child (my daughter), I know she can do this book. 

My favorites sharks are: 
-White Shark
-Zebra Shark 
-Bull Shark
-Wobbegong (Carpet) Shark


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes! Publication? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming: Al "Trunk" Mahoney, Defensive Line by Jean C. Joachim

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: