Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Review: Kobee Manatee: A Wild Weather Adventure

For this review, I chose Kobee Manatee: A Wild Weather Adventure by Robert Scott Thayer.

I requested ARC copy of the ebook through Netgalley in exchanged for a honest review.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Winner, Silver Medal in the Children's Adventure Category, 2015 Readers' Favorite International Book Awards
Finalist, Children's Educational Category, 2015 USA Best Book Awards


Loaded with surprises and exciting facts about weather, this thrilling tale follows Kobee Manatee as he travels across the mighty Atlantic Ocean into the strong Gulf Stream current . . . during hurricane season! His daring adventure begins when Kobee decides that he wants to surprise his sister Kim, who lives in the Bahamas, on her birthday. Will Kobee and his friends, Tess and Pablo, be able to travel safely from their home in Key West, Florida, through all of the wild tropical weather coming their way? Each page includes in-depth, scientific details titled “Kobee’s Fun Facts,” which expand on the weather events that the characters encounter along the way.
 



My son and I read this book together.  My son, Ethan, is 6.  He will be 7 in 15 days.  We both loved the illustrations.  They were so colorful and my son's attention during the entire book.  This is a great way to teach children about the weather and it's educational and fun!  Ethan likes to talk about the weather due to his older sister always giving her weather reports.

Ethan and I want to read Kobee Manatee: Heading Home to Florida, too.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: In Deep with the FBI Agent by Lynne Silver

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: