Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Review : Meditations through Coloring

For this review, I chose Meditations through Coloring and published by River Grove Books.


I requested ARC copy of the ebook through Netgalley in exchanged for a honest review.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:

Meditation is a stress-reduction technique implemented the world over. Although the techniques vary, people from across the globe embrace meditation as an essential part of their daily practice. As scientists and psychologists explore this ancient path today, they are discovering alternatives to traditional meditation. One of these is coloring. Coloring is a low-stress activity that invokes deep focus and relaxation. The act of coloring can unlock hidden creative potential while alleviating stress by allowing the practitioner to concentrate on specific patterns and colors while letting go of any worries and concerns. This volume showcases images inspired by the ancient art form of henna tattoos, known as mehndi. Throughout the world, mehndi is incorporated into special celebrations and rites of passage, ranging from weddings to childbirth. Experienced meditation practitioners and general readers alike will enjoy.  Meditations through Coloring as they explore intricate patterns and the calming interaction of color and space on every page.


I have not reviewed an adult coloring book before, but I have read that they help to lower stress.  I received a digital copy of the book from Netgalley.  Now I am not sure if it the entire book since it has listed 96 pages.  The book started off with explaining about Meditation being a discipline, some history, and why it helps.  My favorite ones are the elephants.  I would pay this for me and my daughter.  


I am only giving 4 stars since I do not know if I got the entire book or not.



☆☆☆☆
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Publication? Yes!
Read more from this publication? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: How to Draw Sharks by Arkady Roytman.  Published by Dover Publications

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: