Monday, January 18, 2016

Review: Forbidden

For this review, I chose Forbidden, which is Book #1 in the Her British Stepbrother series, by Lauren Smith.

I requested ARC copy of the ebook through Netgalley in exchanged for a honest review.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Kat has always been a good girl. She studies hard and never stays out too late. But when sitting in a pub on her birthday, she realizes she's a nineteen-year-old virgin who's never really lived. And she wants tonight to be the night that changes.

Then she sees him walk in. He's tall, dark, handsome, and straight out of her deepest fantasies. His voice makes her knees feel weak, and when he smiles, she imagines him doing wicked things to her in bed. From the look in his eyes, she knows he's imagining it too. So when he asks if he can walk her home, she hears herself whisper yes . . .


This book was wow!!  I kept thinking this is different then I have read before, but I could not put my finger on why it was different.  I still can't.  Maybe it is different for me because I have not read a stepbrother romance, but I do not think this is why this book was different for me.  

Kat has always been a good girl.  On her birthday, she promises herself to have some fun and live a little bit while out celebrating her birthday with friends.  Kat sees Tristan walk in.  Tristan is a playboy, but there is something about Kat that he can not get out of his mind and he wants her more than anyone else.

Tristan is not technically her stepbrother yet.  They met before they even kew all the details.  Is this wrong?  I have to say no.  It is not like they grew up together as step-siblings.

This is a 3 book series.  Book #2 is called Seduction.  Book #3 is called Climax.  I can not wait to read the other 2 books in this great series.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: For Seven Nights Only by Sarah Ballance

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: