Monday, March 2, 2015

Review: Cooking Up Love

For this review, I read the book, Cooking Up Love by Gemma Brocato, which is the first book I have read by this author.  This is Book #1 in the Five Senses Series.  I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief Goodreads Description:
Mix a chef and her contractor, stir in a mystery, and cook up a romance. Jemima George leads a charmed life as a personal chef and assistant to reality television's latest darling. But that changes in a New York minute when her Aunt Caro dies under odd circumstances, bequeathing her a small restaurant. Jem plans to sell the cafe and continue her life in NYC, until a dramatic phone call from her cheating boyfriend convinces her to experiment with the ingredients for happiness and accept her Aunt's legacy. Throwing herself into remodeling the restaurant with the help of the town's delicious contractor, Jem revamps the menu and renews her faith in herself. Jack Kerrigan considered Caro a surrogate mother and hates the idea that the cafe could be sold. He doesn't need the remodeling project, but if it means Caro's beautiful, fascinating niece will stay to run the restaurant, he's all in. He wouldn't mind being savory to Jem's sweet. Jack's brassy ex-wife is cooking up a scheme of her own, where Jack tosses Jem like a salad and comes back to her. Fold in a creepy attorney hiding secrets of environmental mayhem, add Jem's claustrophobia, half-pint niece and nephew twins, one mysterious lockbox, and bring to a boil-a recipe for romance. A Lyrical Press Contemporary Romance



I fell in love with the characters, Jack, Jem, Sam, and Resa.  Jem had trust issues to deal with when she was getting involved with Jack.  Now Jack would never do that to her, but her ex-boyfriend did a number on her self esteem.  While I was reading, I kept thinking how would I feel if the guy I like had an ex-wife that kept hanging on him and kissing him?  I know I would not like it at all, but I would be thinking what is up with this ex-wife of his?  I mean really she ended the marriage in a not so nice way!

I love the love advice that Margo gave Jem before she left her job.  I love reading books like this one because it reminds me how lucky I have it with my husband.

I am looking forward to reading Book #2, Hearts in Harmony, and Book #3 Exposed to Passion in this series.  I love the small town of Granite Point, where everyone helps each other.  

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars because I
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa

Review coming next: The Weekend Proposition by Ella Jade

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: