Sunday, March 1, 2015

Review: Waiting on Love

For this review, I read Waiting on Love by Lynne Silver, which is my first book by this author.  I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief Goodreads Description
After a disastrous vacation breakup with the man who was supposed to be The One, KK O'Brien decides she’s done. Love will find her when the time is right. 

On her flight home, she’s seated next to a male soldier, Aidan Dominguez, whom she ignores, because one: he is male (a trait she’s recently excised from her mind), two: he’s younger than her, and three: he’s on his way to be deployed overseas (geographically undesirable). When weather grounds her flight, she agrees to a drink and more with Aidan. After all, he’s leaving the country and she’s done projecting hope and wedding bells onto encounters with men. KK knows this is nothing more than a one-night stand with an extremely sexy soldier. It’s practically her patriotic duty to send him off to war with a good last memory. 

Aidan and KK have a great night together and they part with the expectation that they’ll never see each other again. Only, a few weeks later, the first email from Aidan arrives. Once she replies, another arrives, and soon an epistolary love affair blossoms where love was never supposed to grow. When Aidan asks for a shot at being her man, KK must decide if she’s brave enough to take another chance on love.

I love the font, red, and the roses on the cover.  This book was only 5 chapters long and I wished it could had been longer.   I could not put down my ipad when I was reading this book.  My favorite part of this book was the letters (both the emails and the snail mail) between Aidan and KK.  I think the characters learn more about each other without hiding anything like you would do if you are facing that person.  

I can not wait to read more books by Lynne Silver especially Cruising for Love, which I did read an excerpt at the end of this book and I know I am going to love that book, too!!  

I kept thinking about the what ifs.  I believe in things happen for a reason.  We may not know it when they happen, but sometimes the answers may come to us later on.
What if KK did not sit next to Aidan?
What if KK did not go see her boyfriend at his hotel?
What if Aidan was not shipping out?

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa


FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: