Monday, March 9, 2015

Review: Hearts in Harmony

For this review, I chose Heart in Harmony by Gemma Brocato. This is Book #2 in the Five Senses Series. I read book #1, Cooking Up Love, and loved it.  Book #3 is called Exposed to Passion, which I am in the middle of reading.  I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Five Senses, #2
Sometimes life’s most simple melodies become songs of love.
Pippa Sanders’ life is filled with songs of leaving, longing and loneliness. Since the death of her husband, her children have been her world. She’ll do anything to protect them, including encasing her heart in ice until they’re college age. She’s made a practice of shying away from any relationship that could break her heart when it ends. And it’s worked so far.
Clay Mathers has made a temporary move to Granite Pointe, Massachusetts to help with his mother’s Christmas tree farm while she recovers from a stroke. Although his long-range plans don’t include staying in the small town, a little female companionship during his short residency would be welcome. While on duty as sentry against protestors at a military funeral, he finds Pippa visiting her husband’s grave, and begins a campaign to make her into a friend–with benefits.
What starts as a simple affair evolves to something more, something that changes the soundtracks of both their lives…the beating of two hearts in harmony.
CONTENT WARNING: Contains strong language, hot sex and a spicy hero.
I am thinking this is my favorite book of this series.  Pippa lost her husband in combat.  Helping other military wives when they lose their husband, she is right by their side.  Pippa is a strong loveable woman, who has been to hell, but she has 2 kids to raise, who are the world to her.  I kept thinking how can one survive a lost like that?  Pippa has her kids to keep her going.  A little piece of her husband.  

The chemisty is HOT between Clay and Pippa!!  Passionate.  I love the nickname that Clay gave Pippa.  When Sarah lost her husband, Pippa was right there for her fellow military wife.  I could not help, but think about the what ifs.  How would my kids and I survive something like that?  Who would be there for us?

My favorite part of this book was the suspense!  Of course, I am not going to tell you.  Read the book!  Don't you love when I tell you that! 


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 

Review coming next: Exposed to Passion by Gemma Brocato


FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review. 

No comments: