Monday, March 30, 2015

Review: The Law of Love

For this review, I chose  The Law of Love by Ashli Rose.  This is Book #2 of Hearts on Fire.  I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Bree Kingston’s life isn’t all it seems to be. Everyone around her sees a beautiful, successful, confident woman who always goes after what she wants, including men. Hidden behind this façade, Bree has a secret that has been following her for three years. It has become Bree’s obsession, and it’s one that can cost her everything. 
Ever since Louis Mercado came into Bree’s life things have been different. Always the perfectionist, Bree finds herself struggling to be everything Louis needs and more. Bree’s secret finds a way to push into the present and threatens to come between them. Will Bree’s dark secret overcome her, or will her and Louis prove that love conquers all?

We met Bree and Louis in Book #1, Hearts on Fire.  Bree is an attorney and Louis is in the NYPD.  He was in the calendar (Hunks in Uniform) with Gavin.  Bree's ex did a number on her self esteem and it took everything for her to overcome it.  Did she overcome her secret?  Did Louis find out her secret?

This book had HOT chemistry between Bree and Louis.  It was sweet story about love and overcoming your struggles for what you want.  It was romantic, too.  Louis loves Bree and would do anything for her.

I love how Ashli Rose brought in a real life crisis.  I do not want to say what it is because you need to read this book.  It is something that woman go through.  There were hints of Bree's secret throughout the book.  I wrote down what I thought it was and I was on the right track.  

I am looking forward to Book #3.  I am hoping this book is on Bree's other sister, Elise.  I know there is a story there and I can not wait to read it.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Weekend Fling by Reana Malori

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: