Friday, March 6, 2015

Review: Irresistibly Delicious

For this review, I chose Irresistibly Delicious by Debra Ann Fisk, which is my first book I have read by this author.  This book is in a series called Cozy Cove.  Book #2 is Irresistibly Dangerous, which I am reviewing later this month.
I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

I love reading books in series.  It is a way to get to know the characters in other books.  To see how the author is developing them.  I also love when new characters are introduced.


Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
One feisty Southern chef. One sexy city doctor. One thousand miles apart. Trauma draws them together, but will circumstances pull them apart?

Chef Olivia Carson’s painful past haunted her until she discovered the healing solace at the Cozy Cove Inn. She fell in love with the bed and breakfast and its owner, Myra. But her world is rocked to its core after Myra has a life threatening emergency.

When Brady Matthews, Myra's son and a well-known cardiologist in NYC, shows up to care for his mother, sparks fly in more ways than one. Olivia and Brady disagree about everything, all the while fighting the sexual attraction that draws them together. As Brady begins to reevaluate his life and Olivia creates a new career for herself, the risk of scandal and past secrets threatens to rip them apart.

Will a headstrong surgeon and a gourmet chef learn to accept love? Or will they choose professional success with a side order of loneliness?
 

The characters are great and the story was well developed.  I loved the characters of Olivia and Brady.  I kept thinking what would I do if the man I loved stole all of my money and my mother was more worried about the money and not how her daughter is feeling about the situation.  I would have done the same thing as her- packed my car and left everything behind.  

I loved the way the psychic added curiosity to both Olivia and Cookie about their futures.  When I was in college, I had my palm read.  I was told I would have 1 or maybe 2 kids.  Ethan was not planned.  The palm reader did tell me about who I would meet, but I can not remember the details.  It was a long time ago.

I love the small town feel and the nosy neighbors in Cozy Cove. I loved how Ms Fisk described the property of the Cozy Cove Inn.  I could not put down my ipad and it was hard to stop reading.  I highly recommend this book!!  I will be looking to read more books by Ms. Fisk.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 


Review coming next: Healing My Heart by Aleya Michelle

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: