Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Review: Clean Sweep

For this review, I chose Clean Sweep: Venom Series #1 by V.L. Locey. 

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Fiery, flame-haired Jane Bratkowski is catapulted from a small college town to Philadelphia to become head coach of a new women’s hockey team, The Venom. It’s a life-changing opportunity, a dream come true until – in a cruel twist of fate that could turn into a nightmare – she comes face to face with her ex-husband Tore Ahlberg, the Wildcats' head of European Scouting. 

Suddenly, Jane’s faced with more challenges than she bargained for: Will she let him distract her -- and derail her big chance to coach pro hockey? Can she build a team of relatively inexperienced, irrepressible young women into champions? Can she and Tore triumph over the gut-wrenching tragedy that ripped them apart -- or will the shocking truth of their passionate past threaten to destroy them once again?


I was sad to see the Wildcats series to be finished, but I was looking forward to The Venom series.  I have not read a book or series based on a female sport team.  This is book #1 of the new series.  Book #2 is Twirly Girl.

Jane Bratkowski meets the owner of The Venom when it is pouring down rain.  I could see Jane soaking wet.  Jane is offered the position of head coach for The Venom.  She finds out that her ex-husband is working for the Wildcats as their head of European Scouting.  The history between them is omg.   I do not want to give anything away.  It is a tragedy that torn them apart.  

I am looking forward to Book #2, Twirly Girl.  I hope this series is as long as the Wildcats series.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Dangerous Love, Lost and Found by Jean C. Joachim and Ben Tanner

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: