Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Review: Desert Heat

For this review, I chose Desert Heat by P.H. Turner.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Navajo Witchery. Human Treachery.

Social worker Jordan Bia finds a child who escaped her captors and a life in the sex trade, but four other girls from her small Mexican village were not so lucky. Smugglers hide their human cargo in the hoodoos of a remote canyon on the reservation—a place the Navajo shun, fearful of the witches who practice their black rituals and feast on the dark energy of evil. Mysterious rites, omens of death, and bodies litter the canyon. 

When she meets Navajo police officer Sam Tohee, sparks fly fueled by the danger of hunting men who buy and sell little girls. Techno savvy Jordan plots to trap the smugglers and free the rest of the children, but unless she and Sam can find the power to defeat the witches she may not live long enough to save the girls.



This is the second book in The Nation Series.  Once again, I was intrigued by the description of this book.  One thing I love that this book is full with a lot. I love the mystery in it.  Romance.  Murder.  Suspense.  Navajo Legend.  Human Trafficing.

Jordan is a social worker and she finds a child, who escaped her captors and from the sex trade.  Sam is a Navajo Cop.


☆☆☆☆
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: A SEAL Forever by Anne Elizabeth

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: