Monday, May 4, 2015

Review: Bed of Roses

For this review, I chose Bed of Roses by Gemma Brocato.  This is Book #4 of the Five Senses Series.
Book #1- Cooking Up Love
Book #2- Hearts in Harmony
Book #3- Exposed to Passion

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
With the right amount of nurturing, love will bloom.

This close to Valentine’s Day Malin Eckert’s flower shop is entering their busiest season. As if the added work isn’t enough, her father’s drinking has spiraled out of control and Mal discovers she’s been named guardian of a fifteen-year-old sibling she never knew about. To make matters worse, Mal’s crushing on a customer, a serial dater who drops by the shop with alarming regularity to send flowers to other women.

Gunnar Sims never had the best luck with women, a fact that doesn’t stop his growing attraction to his florist. His new business is losing money and he should be concentrating on that, but instead finds Mal an enticing distraction.

In spite of her best intentions to keep Gunnar firmly in the friend zone, Mal finds herself falling for the classically handsome gym owner. As her affection for Gunnar and her sister, Gabriella, grows, Mal’s heart hangs in the balance when it appears both could be taken away from her.

Content Warning: Hard bodies, spoiled princesses, and a levelheaded woman who knows how to smell the roses.

I love this book.  It is a must read book.  I love reading series.  Seeing a character from a previous book and learning more about them warms my heart.   We met Gunnar Sims when we first met his sister, Rikki, in Book # 3, Exposed to Passion.  I love seeing what Rikki and Sam are up to, but you must read the book to find out!!  Oh, you will want to read it to find out, too.  It is good!!

Malin Eckert has been through a lot.  Her mother, Harriett, left her and her dad when she was 12 years old.  I kept thinking how can a mother do this and not contact the child in the future.  I know I could never walk away from any of my children.  Mal's father, Ben, is an alcoholic.  I could not believe that she has received the news that she has a sister, Gabriella.  This was one fo the best part of the book.  Learning how 2 sisters are there for one another!

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Olympic Passion by Andrea Bailey

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: