Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Review: Teacher

For this review, I chose  Teacher by R.L. Merrill.  This is my first book by this author.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
TEACHER: A Hollywood Rock n’ Romance Trilogy

Everyone deserves a second chance in life.

After receiving yet another pink slip, teacher Jesse Martin is desperate for a way to make ends meet. When her principal offers her a Home Instructor position for the summer, she finds herself giving a second chance to an angry, reclusive, rock god living in the Hollywood Hills.

Danny Black should have it all. But an unbalanced ex-wife, a troubled daughter, and a threat to his livelihood have him ready to make some major changes. Never one to back down from a challenge, he'll take on this stubborn, beautiful teacher who seems immune to his “gimme” smile, and attempt to win her heart in the process.

Can Jesse accept that this time, offering someone a second chance will change her life as well? Will she embrace the life Danny is offering her and discover that when it comes to life’s lessons, sometimes love is the best teacher?

This novel is for readers 18+ due to the hijinks of some hairy and perverted neighbors, a no-nonsense personal assistant with a foul mouth, a fragile pre-teen going through some real drama, and plenty of good, good lovin’. Add these together and you’ve got all the makings of a crazy, real-life Rock n’ Romance!
 

I loved this book a lot.  I did not think I would love it this much, but there is something about Jesse and Danny that makes you fall in love with them.  With the emailing each other, you see how they are getting to know one another.  

I could not believe how these characters just leap off of the pages.  It is like I am there watching it all fold out.  I could see Danny working hard on getting his diploma in order to be something in his daughter's eyes.  I could see Jesse in that Pinto she drives and having car issues.  I think we all have been there.  I could see Nora helping Danny out and praising him on all his great work.  I could see how good Jesse is for Danny, but also for his daughter.  I could also see that Danny's ex-wife will think that Jesse is good for him and their daughter, but that might take some time.

I can not wait to read the rest of this series.  I can not wait to see how it ends.  I will definitely be reading the rest.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: The Mad Monk's Treasure by Kris Bock

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: